What is Active-Level Four Corner Air Suspension on Ram Trucks?
Active-Level Four Corner Air Suspension is an advanced piece of technology in your Ram 1500 that automatically (or manually, if you choose) adjusts the ride height of your truck through its suspension system. It maintains five air lift positions for whatever your needs may be, whether it’s raising or lowering the pickup, for off-roading or simple entering and exiting. Even as soon as a trailer or payload is detected the system goes to work levelling the entire vehicle to a stable and smooth ride height. Read on and learn even more about the Active-Level Four Corner Air Suspension with us at Southside Dodge, including how to use it, why it’s so beneficial and what each ride position offers!
Enjoy learning about the Ram 1500? Take a look at some of our other related blogs:
How to Use the Air Suspension?
Active Level Four Corner Air Suspension is an automatic system, responsive to the elements your Ram faces. Its automatic load-levelling ability means that as soon as the truck’s system detects a trailer is attached or the addition of a payload it’ll use the air suspension to bring the Ram back to its normal ride height. You can control the system manually as well, though, from two different areas. Either from the button on your centre console, or from the button on your key fob, which is incredibly convenient for the Entry/Exit mode.
What is the Benefit of Active-Level Air Suspension?
On a lot of modern pickups they may be able to haul and tow, but they often do so without a truly stable ride, or have spots that are heavier and unequal to the rest of the truck or trailer, leading to a less confident ride. The Active-Level Air Suspension fixes all of this by ensuring your Ram and trailer are on equal footing, maintained on the same consistent plane, all adding up to a smooth and seamless ride.
Not only is it great for no-hassle trailering, but also for when you need to raise the vehicle to avoid terrain, or lower it to help passengers or gear in. If you find yourself over a particularly rocky environment you can raise your Ram’s body up a bit higher to avoid those obstacles. Have kids or elderly family members who have a tough time hopping up into your pickup? This system easily lets you lower your truck so that they can get in without any extra struggle.
What are the Ride Positions of the Air Suspension?
The Active Level Four Corner Air Suspension consists of 5 positions, or heights, allowing you to set it depending on your comfort or performance needs.
- Normal Ride Height: 8.7 inches (221 mm) of clearance. This is the regular height position of your Ram, and measured form the base of the door sill.
- Aero Mode: Lowers the truck by a half inch (15 mm) from the NRH position, to 8.2 inches (208 mm). This position is activated through the vehicle’s speed, and helps to improve fuel efficiency by one percent.
- Off-Road 1: Lifts the truck by 1 inch (25 mm) above NRH to 9.7 inches (246 mm), allowing you to clear obstacles and impediments easier.
- Off-Road 2: Lifts the truck by 2 inches (51 mm) above NRH to 10.7 inches (272 mm), for the ultimate in obstacle clearing.
- Entry/Exit Mode: Lowers the truck by 2 inches (51 mm) below NRH to 6.7 inches (170 mm), allowing for easy entry/exit for passengers and gear.
Love this technology and want to experience it for yourself? Take a look at our new Ram inventory and find a Ram that suits you, then take it for a test drive. If you’re interested in learning even more about our Ram trucks and other models, including their unique technologies, be sure to explore our vehicle research pages! For anything more, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or inquiries!