Tips For Removing 2022 Wrangler Doors
How Do You Remove 2022 Jeep Wrangler Doors?
One of the most incredible exterior design features of the 2022 Jeep Wrangler is that you can remove its doors and soft top to have a full open-air experience. Door-free driving makes the Wrangler the best companion when you want to elevate the adventure quotient every time you cruise around beautiful surroundings. Also, you wouldn’t want to miss exercising the exceptional off-road capabilities of the 2022 Wrangler without driving it across off-beaten paths. Removing the doors of Jeep Wrangler will also improve fuel efficiency because it reduces the weight of the SUV.
Learn to remove the doors of the Jeep Wrangler with Southside Dodge in simple and easy-to-follow steps. Be mindful and cautious while in the process of removing the doors to avoid causing any injury to yourself or damage to the vehicle.
How to Take Off the Wrangler’s Doors
Below are a few easy steps to remove the 2022 Wrangler doors:
- Start by rolling off the windows to avoid any damage to them.
- Disconnect or detach all wires and power cables by removing the footwell under the SUV’s dashboard or around the b-pillar. The best way to do this is by removing/releasing the clips.
- Now comes the trickiest part: gently removing the Jeep Wrangler door straps from their hooks.
- Apply the industrial-grade solution to lubricate the door hinges for easy and smooth removal.
- Slide the door off by removing the bolts and nuts from the door hinges.
- Slide the doors away and store them in a dry and safe place to avoid damage.
- Follow proper instructions to store the doors; throwing them in your garage’s corner may affect their durability and functionality.
- Repeat the same process for other doors.
Things to Keep in Mind To Ensure Safety
You need a flat workspace like a driveway, car parking or garage to remove the 2022 Jeep Wrangler doors easily. Organize your tools beforehand to avoid hiccups while taking off the doors. You need basic household tools, including L-keys, needle-nose pliers, rubber mallet screwdriver, T-handle and socket wrench. Be careful while using a wrench or plier to remove the nuts and bolts from the door hinges to avoid scratching and removing the paint from the door area.
If you aren’t sure how to take off the Wrangler doors on your own, take help from the certified and experienced technicians at Southside Dodge. You can visit our showroom in Red Deer or browse our website to check out our wide assortment of services, including brake inspection and oil change.