Why Buy Genuine Mopar Parts Vs. Aftermarket?
Your Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or Ram vehicle deserves the absolute best, and that’s especially important when it comes to its parts and accessories. Choose genuine parts & accessories for your vehicle instead of generic aftermarket off-brand makes. Your FCA vehicle has been designed and constructed to the highest degree, and needs those same manufacturer parts to maintain its high quality build and performance. Our OEM (or, Original Equipment Manufacturer) Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram parts are Mopar-branded, the official and genuine FCA parts & accessory division. There are many reasons why you should buy Mopar over aftermarket parts, from performance to durability to warranty and specials. Read on with us at Southside Dodge as we go over the advantages of our genuine OEM Mopar parts over generic off-brand parts.
Advantages of OEM Mopar Parts
Whether you want to maintain the high quality of your vehicle with the best fitted, tested and durable parts, or want to improve your Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or Ram with an add-on accessory, Mopar (a portmanteau of “Mo” from “motor” and “par” from “parts”) parts provide the ultimate satisfaction in every category.
- Fit & Functionality: Mopar parts were designed exactly for your Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or Ram. That means you can expect a seamless fit, and performance that lives up to the potential of previous OEM parts. Designed and built to factory-fitted specs, your vehicle will enjoy the best fit and function from Mopar parts.
- Tested: Not only are Mopar parts designed and built to high standards, but once created are put through rigorous tests to meet this top level of quality. If they do not meet these levels then they won’t be sold for your vehicle. These are standards that aftermarket parts can’t match.
- Durability: What good is an aftermarket part if it’s going to break down quickly, requiring you to buy another one. You can trust the quality and durability of Mopar parts, built with the best materials to last longer, and crafted to factory specifications to reduce unnecessary wear.
- Warranty: OEM parts come with a warranty, so should you have any issues with them you’ll be backed by the manufacturer.
- Specials: Thanks to the official manufacturer connection, there’s bound to be a current parts special available to you that gets you an even better deal on Mopar parts. Here at Southside Dodge, check out our parts specials page, and check back often for any new updates.
Disadvantages of Aftermarket Parts
“Aftermarket parts” is a generic term to refer to any non-FCA manufacturer who may make parts or accessories for a vehicle, but isn’t officially certified by the brand. These aftermarket parts often aren’t specific to vehicles or brands, but can cover multiple ones at the same time. There are many reasons why off-brand, aftermarket parts aren’t worth your time and money, especially for a possession like your vehicle that you value so much.
- Mass Produced: Off-brand companies may focus on quantity over quality when it comes to mass-producing their products, not only will you possibly see poor performance out of these parts but with a higher propensity to break as specific focus on their quality was less regarded, in order to cheaply create as much as possible.
- Cheaply Made: To mass produce these aftermarket parts, lesser and cheaper materials may be used in order to cut down on costs and to be able to create more, but that lack the overall build quality of an OEM part.
- No Single Vehicle In Mind: OEM parts are designed specifically for your vehicle, while most aftermarket parts are created as a generic part to cover many vehicles, not specific to any one focus, but built to be a catch-all. These parts may not accurately fit or perform inside your vehicle, leading to improper use and a higher probability of breaking down.
- No Warranty: You won’t be covered by any warranty, and will be stuck with having to buy another part at full price.
Genuine Mopar Parts & Accessories at Southside Dodge
If you’re looking for the very best in parts and accessories for your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram here in Red Deer, come see us at Southside Dodge! Our parts department stocks a deep inventory of parts and accessories, and if we don’t have your desired part or accessory on hand, we can easily order it for you. Shop our latest specials, and if you want a part or accessory installed, our certified service technicians will happily get the job done for you. Keep your vehicle performing at a high level and maintain it with genuine Mopar parts and accessories from Southside Dodge!
Take a look through some of our other blogs:
Why Buy Aftermarket Paint Protection?
Why is Regular Maintenance so Important?
What’re the Differences Between All-Season Vs. Winter Tires?